Getting speakup to work again!

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
Tue May 10 10:54:44 EDT 2005

Paul

What I suspect has happened is that when you updated your computer, you
did not tell the update to exclude kernel updates.
Based on what you have told us, your problem is that you are now using a
kernel that is not speakup modified.
You have a few choices on how to fix the problem.
1. Change the default kernel back to the speakup modified kernel within
your grub.conf file.
2. download and install the latest speakup modified kernel from the
speakup site, install it, mkinitrd, and then reboot.

I also suggest that you also tell your yum not to update the kernel when
it does updates in the future.

Steve Dawes
Phone: (403) 268-5527
Email: SDawes at calgary.ca

NOTICE -
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to us by mail if requested by us. The City of Calgary thanks you for your attention and cooperation.