Getting speakup to work again!

Lists lists at paultraynor.com
Tue May 10 10:42:27 EDT 2005

Hi,
I  recently had some new updates p downloaded to my Fedora PC. Now when I
load up the PC my speakup no longer works. The only thing that comes out of
the speech synthesizer is something like the word "at" but nothing more
after that. There is no problem with the boot up sequence itself just that
speaku is not working. I am starting a linux course for beginners in the
next 3 weeks and was hopeing to have my speakup learned enough to help me
do this course as I am a pretty poor  novice of the linux program and how it
is used. I really need help with this. I can boot up to a command prompt but
no speech works at any point durin ght eboot up.
Many thanks for any help.

Paul.