changing voice in speakup

EPYD Productions epyd2 at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 03:07:24 EDT 2005

hello sir
i'm sorry you aare miss-construdding the title of tech as a know it all of
some sorts. i am not. i am just a tech who  deals more with networking and
hardware than with the speakup and things. i'm vary new to speakup and new
to its vast array of options and ways to tweak it. i apologize if i can't
make it much clearer but this is what the system tells me when i am logged
in as root
 when i type /proc/speakup/voice it tells me "permission denied".
 when i view it in a vi session i do see the zero. what do i do within this
file to change the "voice output of the doubletalk lite"? i'm coming to this
list hunbbly sir, seeking assistance and i tell you the title tech doesn't
always mean i have the answer to questions and sometimes i ask them my self.
Blind Tech
website: http://www.users.qwest.net/~drjann/epyd/
contact info can be found on website
email list: EPYD Radio-subscribe at yahoogroups.com