Podcasting

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue May 3 10:23:36 EDT 2005

Well I've been using podcatcher for a little while but ran into some
problems with pulling the most recent program for some ACB Radio feeds.
I've since gone and tried castgrab, a perl script and it is quite
interesting to work with.  It is quite new and needs a lot of work but
since I know perl, it is a good fit for me to get in there and fix the
bloody bugs.  So far, it tracks most recent feeds properly and it
doesn't mangle the names of the captured mp3 objects.  I mention all
this because my goal and it is nearly accomplished, is to have an
automated process to trans podcast content to my neuros on a daily basis
and have the computer rsync the dirs for easy one-stop file maintenance.
I'm now listening to some podcasts on my neuros audio player and this
whole operation is taking place with linux - no windows in this formula
at all!:)  As soon as I get this process down to running smoothly, I'll
share the scripts and pieces to make it all possible.