ot, problem running test-speech under slackware 10.1

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Mon May 2 22:21:08 EDT 2005

Hi.

I am using a slackware package for gnome-speech. I too have a
/usr/lib/bonobo/servers directory, and a file called

GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival.server

in there. I too have festival-synthesis-driver in /usr/bin. I have
bonobo, bonobo-conf, and orbit installed, there's no bonobo-ui
though.

I don't plan to use dectalk, since I don't own it, and don't plan on
getting it in the near future. Thanks for your help. If anyone else
has other suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Greg

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 08:12:12PM -0500, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> Hi.
>
> This is just a guess, but it sounds like your bonobo server for festival
> doesn't exist.
>
> Are you using a Slackware package for gnome-speech, or  did you build it
> from source?
>
> On Debian, I have a dir called /usr/lib/bonobo/servers.
> In that dir, I have a file called:
>
> GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival.server
>
> That is the bonobo server for the festival Gnome-speech driver.  I build
> my gnome-speech from source, so it is likely you will have the same.
> I also have a file in /usr/bin called
> festival-synthesis-driver
>
> This file is also a part of gnome-speech.
>
> If you have these files, check to make sure you have bonobo, orbit, and
> (I think) bonobo-ui installed.
>
> If you want to use DECtalk, you will need to build gnome-speech from
> source.  Building it from source will be a good way to make sure you
> have all the other needed packages.
>
> Hope this helps.
>           Kenny

- --