ot, problem running test-speech under slackware 10.1

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon May 2 21:12:12 EDT 2005

Hi.

This is just a guess, but it sounds like your bonobo server for festival
doesn't exist.

Are you using a Slackware package for gnome-speech, or  did you build it
from source?

On Debian, I have a dir called /usr/lib/bonobo/servers.
In that dir, I have a file called:

GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_Festival.server

That is the bonobo server for the festival Gnome-speech driver.  I build
my gnome-speech from source, so it is likely you will have the same.
I also have a file in /usr/bin called
festival-synthesis-driver

This file is also a part of gnome-speech.

If you have these files, check to make sure you have bonobo, orbit, and
(I think) bonobo-ui installed.

If you want to use DECtalk, you will need to build gnome-speech from
source.  Building it from source will be a good way to make sure you
have all the other needed packages.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny