Using sftsyn

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 31 01:44:26 EST 2005

To answer a prevuis message I am aware that using the decpc would not
provide me with speech using software it was a test to see if the device
it self would change it did.
How ever when I change it to sftsyn the device does not change.
So like I said this should mean that I do not have the driver installed
as a module or in the kernel.  Is this corect. Also what is the easyist
way to remady this sitchuation before going on.  Speech dispatcher is
working fine with all synthasizers installed flite at the moment is the
default I thought I would get it working with it before moving on to the
dectalk the dectalk is working using dtk-generic as a output module.
The devices have been maid as described in the speakup how to and the
users guide.  Both very nice documents.  I think I will update the
install file here for speechd-up to include the other packages I had to
install to get it working.
Thanks for all the help so far!