The Speakup User's Guide, official release

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Mar 30 17:34:12 EST 2005

Is 90 or 95 per cent close enough to all? If not, I don't understand
your recalcitrance at all. I would expect most users would consider this
a distinction without a meaningful difference. Therefore, you're not
being fully forthcoming.

You have no problem saying over and over this thing and this other thing
are configuration and installation issues that your sysop needs to
handle. That's appropriate and that's exactly how you should do it.

But, you should not say something cannot be done when it can.

I would very much like to refer to this HOWTO in my HOWTO. And, I would
very much like to do so without the caviat that the authors provide
misleading information that can't be trusted in such and such
particulars. But, that's exactly what
I'll have to do if you don't clear this up.

Two changes:

1.)	Secion 1 should point out that the boot loader arguments will
get you nothing if Speakup is provided in modules.

2.)	Section 7 should not claim that speech at boot up is not
possible with modules, because it is, though how to achieve it is
certainly and most properly a configuration and installation issue.

I would like to say this Speakup HOWTO is a good document period. I
don't want to say "it's a good document, except ... "