a draft of the Speakup User's Guide

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Mar 29 08:11:59 EST 2005

Spoken like the developer you are, Kirk.

But, please, for the sake of the HOWTO documentation, mindset shift
please.

Let's talk only about what is known to work reliably today.

>From your post, and other testimony on the list, I believe that would be
the serial port from either Tripletalk external or the new DEC Talk
external.

Is that correct? Therefore, shall we add them to the list of supported
devices? In which case we need to specify the speakup driver, so:

Tripletalk external (serial port only):	ltlk
DEC Talk USB (serial port only)		decexp

Is this correct?