burning dvd discs

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 26 20:05:57 EST 2005

Kenny,

Just thought I'd let you know that I do not have scsi emulation support
turned on in my kernel. I double checked this by going in and there was
no M or star between the less and greater than signs. I even went and
toggled to be sure I was reading the screen correctly.
At least that mystery has been solved, but again I imagine to get the
burning abilities for dvds I'll have to compile cdrecord myself or
perhaps the Debian package only refers to if you are trying to burn
movies to dvd or something.
I'm going to dig into this a little more and see what's happening. The
good thing is so far I've not seen those error messages any longer from
the mounting of cds.

Scott