usb ports only on laptop

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 22 11:54:28 EST 2005

Hi, afraid the only thing you can do at this point is go software.  With
no serial ports at all and at this time no usb hardware devices
supported you are sort of out of luck. Dectalk 5.0 flite seem to work
well I just need to get dectalk 5.0 working with speech dispatcher.
Flite is free but it sounds like a man being slowly tortured.  Dectalk
is $50 and sounds pretty good not as good as the windows versions of the
software I have herd but it does work well.  Lots of people are using it
under gnome.  Now I really need help getting it to work with speech
dispatcher.  Maybe I should post the default comfit that comes with
speech dispatcher and see if some one has any ideas.  Thanks.