usb ports only on laptop

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Tue Mar 22 00:06:24 EST 2005

Hi,
You can't use a USB to serial converter to use a serial synthesizer with
Speakup. It has something to do with the hardware. I don't really
understand the exact problem myself, you'd have to ask Kurk. All I know
is that it doesn't work. If you are running Linux on a laptop with no
serial ports, the only option you have is software speech.

Equal causes can produce very unequal effects.
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7

And so it came to pass that on Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Raul A. Gallegos said