install the Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution unsuccessful

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 21 20:05:50 EST 2005

type modprobe speakup_<synthname for decktalk express> the name you used at boot
up(don't include the <> marks).  Did you initially get speech during the
install? If so, then this command I gave you should work to load decktalk.  If
it does, add the boot parameter to the menu.lst file.  On your system that may
be /ect/grub.conf.  If this did not work, you have some other problem.