Dectalk 5.0 and speech dispatcher!

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 21 13:33:33 EST 2005

Hi, I posted a question on this subject last night but did not see it
here so posting it again.  The long and the short of it is I am unable
to get speech dispatcher working with the dectalk even though the
documentation on speech dispatcher says it should work.
The say command line for the dectalk works just fine.
Say -a "testing the dectalk.  Dectalk 5.0 is running." -s 1
All this speaks with the Paul voice.  With no problem now I set speech
dispatcher to use dtk-generic  and run the spd-say command as follows
Spd-say "testing the speech dispatcher dectalk interface."
Nothing happens just get a prompt with no speech from the dectalk
software.  Any one have any ideas?  Note spd-say does work fine with
flite.  Thanks!