about yi.org with slackware

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Mar 18 18:23:37 EST 2005

yi.org is a nice dynamic dns provider...create your hostname there and
grab their "scheliton client for linux". It's written in perl so read
teh install docs to see what aditional modules you need to install for
it to work. then I think you run it from a script in something like
/etc/cron.daily.
On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 07:43:40PM -0800, seth creature
wrote:
> Hi all!
> I am curious about using yi.org with slackware, I went looking around on
> the site, but notsure if I have what I need in the way of client software
> to use it...
> I have slackware 10.1 and I remember a long time ago that Joe Norton
> referred to yi.org in his tutorial, and I've thought of making my
> computers accessible to me from other places.  Any help with this on what
> a newbe should do here is appreciated... Thanks all...

If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
of different places, just write a Unix operating system.
	-- Linus Torvalds