My usb device works for a while then quits.

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu Mar 17 17:00:30 EST 2005

I'm thinking I issued the mount command for usbdevfs wrong.  /proc/bus/usb shows
r-xr-xr-x.  There are no write permissions for even root on
/proc/bus/usb/devices or /proc/bus/usb/drivers.  However, root can activate the
usb device when brltty starts yet my normal user can't.  If I plug in the usb
device as my normal user, I get the messages relating to connection with
vendor/serial number information etc.