Booting Fedora install with out cdrom drive

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Mar 15 12:59:27 EST 2005

hank smith writes:
> does dedora still allow tellnet installation?

Absolutely. But, the problem is that you still need to boot the system
you're installing on.

My last installation was on an IBM Thinkpad X31 which has no CD ROM.
When I found I couldn't boot from a USB memory stick, I had to go PXE.
Eventually, with a little help from others on this list, we were able to
boot via PXE and do a telnet installation. We used the PXE to boot the
system, and then telnet in order to have an accessible installation.
Someone sighted would have just continued with without telnet, but for
us it was telnet that provided the Speakup mediated installation
screens.