Booting Fedora install with out cdrom drive

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Tue Mar 15 11:08:52 EST 2005

Toms:
There is something you can do as a last resort.
You could install the OS onto your harddrive on another machine and then move it to your no-cdrom-machine.  I usually
install Fedora on one of my computers, configure it the way I want it, and then use "rsync" to mirror the install on my
other systems.  That way I only have to install and configure one time.  The only thing you have to do is remove your
/etc/modprobe.conf and your /etc/sysconfig/hwconf files and run kudzu again to properly configure your hardware.  If you
install "X", then you will also have to change your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to fit your new system.  I am assuming that
your two systems have different hardware configurations.

HTH

Bru