getting off my windows dependency

mikster4 at msn.com mikster4 at msn.com
Thu Mar 10 16:51:54 EST 2005

Sina Bahram writes:

> Actually, I don't know why that is a false impression: they do not give you
> the illusion of a text editor, as the data is read only, and also it makes
> copying and pasting more intuitive ... Sited users can drag the mouse across
> some text, highlighting it, and then do whatever with it, so I see no reason
> why visually impaired users should not also have this ability?
I was maening more that it is not how the web browser works itself, it is
something inserted by the screen reader. Normally you can't cursor around
the page in a web browser, only jump between the controls. Maybe it is my
mistake, but I thought the person was expecting this behaviour to be in the
web browser.