getting off my windows dependency

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 16:31:40 EST 2005

Actually, I don't know why that is a false impression: they do not give you
the illusion of a text editor, as the data is read only, and also it makes
copying and pasting more intuitive ... Sited users can drag the mouse across
some text, highlighting it, and then do whatever with it, so I see no reason
why visually impaired users should not also have this ability?

Furthermore, I'm assuming you know this already since you brought windows
screenreaders into it, they call their cursors differently when doing this:
for example, jaws refers to it as a virtual cursor, specifically designed
for exactly this.

Supernova and wineyes have similar naming conventions, but the illude me
right now; however, all the rellavent manuals and information is availible
on the respective companies' websites.

I just found your statement a bit weird, since I don't believe that the
purpose of a website as purely presentational, should be always taken over
the obvious content that websites provide.

Take care,
Sina