dectalk has exceeded license quota

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Mon Mar 7 21:27:38 EST 2005

Yep, that was it!!! I took gdm out of the gentoo rc-update default so it
wouldn't run on reboot. I rebooted and without gnopernicus running the
"say" command was fine. I'd had speech stop on me last time I logged in to
gdm anyway and I bet that was it; those processes don't always seem to get
killed cleanly. so now I suppose if I don't want those issues I use
festival, which I don't really like. If I ever get braille working I'll
forget speech anyway but obviously I'm not too happy about this turn of
events.
I guess I'd better post about this on gnome-accessibility too unless I
find something in the archives that says they already know.

--
Cheryl