Try again a few years later

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 17:31:27 EST 2005

I'd say that it really depends on what you are doing.  If you know you
will be storing a lot of stuff in /home, make it big.  Otherwise, make it
small.  For me, personally, I like to have a very large /usr/local
partition, because I compile a lot of stuff.  I chose Slackware, and it
doesn't offer a lot of pre-built packages compared to other distributions.
My main reason for sticking with Slackware is the Speakup support out of
the box, and the simple installer.  I also like learning how things work,
and with Slackware, you get to do a lot of that.  If you don't plan on
compiling a lot of programs yourself, then either have no /usr/local
partition, or a smaller one.  Or, you could just put everything on one big
partition, and have another for swap.  It's mostly a matter of personal
taste.