Just installed working Debian

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jun 27 20:55:14 EDT 2005

No, you cannot cursor through the text of a web page in lynx. It's not
that kind of application.

It should just read the page to you. But, if you need controlled
reading, you'll need to use the review keys on the numeric keypad (or
the pop up on the qwerty using the capslock Speakup modifier).

Have you enabled "show cursor" in lynx? That's pretty critical. Do it
permanently in lynx options, or on the command line:

lynx -show_cursor

I also like to turn on "links and form fields are numbered."

To play audio files get your sound system working, then get mplayer.

For imap use fetchmail to retrieve your mail and mutt to read and reply.