Just installed working Debian

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Mon Jun 27 18:45:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

Have now got real Speakup Netinst iso working fine with my system (am on
ADSL and got all packages in a few minutes).  Over the top of the base
system (I didn't choose to install any specific packages) I did apt-get
install lynx, and I can now browse the web.  I just want to know if
there are tips on what to do now?  I want to read my IMAP mailbox and
play audio files if possible.

Also are there any helpful commands to read the text in Lynx?  I had to
read it using up and down using the numeric keypad, then get the next
page of the web page in order to get more info - similar with Man pages
- I would dearly love to just cursor up and down - is this possible?

Thanks.
Andrew.