web browsing and section 508 under linux

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jun 9 20:38:31 EDT 2005

Remember that 508 applies to U.S. Federal web sites, not to anyone else
unless someone else has voluntary decided to adopt 508 guidance. Thus,
the Feds most certainly have always defined their own what can and
cannot be done by the government itself, subject only to review by the
courts.

I found the following:

http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.22.htm#(l)

PS: Be careful with this URL. If you issue it on the command line, as
for example:

lynx http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.22.htm#(l)

it will break unless you quote the URL:

lynx "http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.22.htm#(l)"

Guess the Access Board isn't omniscient! <grin>