DECTalk Express Firmware

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jul 31 13:52:08 EDT 2005

Hi,
I need to revisit this topic.
the firmware file is an .exe one, not compressed.  are you suggesting that
one should  put the exe file on a floppy execute it onto  that floppy then
install the files onto your drive bypassing the updating of autoexec etc?
then go into the directory and run the firmware from there?
can this be done entirely without speech?  I would think so, since all
other firmware upgrades could.
I am asking as i have unpacked the .exe file onto a floppy, but am not
getting  the files to install for some reason.
I am not upgrading the dtexp directory, but starting from scratch.  Might
this be the problem?
Thanks,
Karen