default speakup for Debian Sarge

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sun Jul 31 06:58:55 EDT 2005

Hi Kenny,

Okay. I guess I'll just go ahead and do the kernel upgrade immediately.
I have a 2.6.11.11 kernel patched with speakup 2.0 running fine on my
own system, so that's what I will put on this new system.

Maybe Shane could be persuaded to release a fix of the netinst CD, since
I expect that not everyone who installs Debian Sarge with speakup will
want to do the kernel thing immediately.

The other nuisance about the installer for Sarge now that it is stable,
is the broken grub/lilo selection. Mine asks me if I want to go with
grub, and selecting "no" installs it anyway. That too is an easy repair,
but it used to work correctly when Sarge was testing, and seems broken
only now when Sarge is stable.

Oh well. If the world were perfect, what would we bitch about?

Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh