Braillenote PK and Linux

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 28 17:32:10 EDT 2005

Hello Guy,

I've successfully installed both Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux using
Brltty with the BrailleNote as a Braille display.  Unfortunately, unless
things have changed, the current version of Speakup doesn't work with the
Keynote synthesizer.  If Speakup could be made to work with this, you could
use the BrailleNote's synthesizer as it emulates the Keynote.  I believe
someone on this list got the Keynote to work, but I'm not exactly sure how
that was done.  Perhaps someone with more knowledge then myself can
enlighten all of us.<smile>

Best Regards,

Beth