Another list question

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Tue Jul 26 19:46:19 EDT 2005

Hi.

I've seen the same advice.  Usually, it suggest changing the address so
it is more difficult for software to figure out it is an address.  I
don't know of any option in mutt that would allow this to happen
automatically.  The advice is in files from years back and refered to
news groups.

You're right about the info still being in the headers.  Unless the list
software removes it before archiving, you can get the info by searching
the archives of a list.

Basically, I don't worry about it.  All my addresses have been around
long enough that I will get spam on all of them.  I just make sure to
teach my spamassassin to ässassinate" any new spam, make sure my
mail server can't be used by spammers,  and go on about my life.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny