elinks java support questionable

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Jul 25 02:44:59 EDT 2005

I found this out because my dsl modem went down.  I searched
/etc/resolv.conf and found search myhome.westell.com in it with no other
search terms.  So I go out to westell page by running elinks against
192.168.1.1 and run into the home page.  I figure since this has java it
ought to work, so I go to edit my profile as instructed by verizon
technician.  Many times scrips weren't supported and I was given the
option to kill them and the end result was lost in space.  dsl is back,
but it's because I learned not to use dhcpcd anymore and use adsl-start to
bring it up.