bookshare.org unpack

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 21 08:38:04 EDT 2005

Forgive me if someone else has pointed this out.  Bookshare *claims* to
have a Linux version.  However they cannot give you any indication which
distributions it actually works in, or that was the information i got after
Ilast checked a few months back.
Frankly, there should have equal access and that even means dos, if they
claim to be a nonprofit.  Not providing access at the basic levels, command
line distributions of Linux, or even dos, is discrimination.  Granted many
in the so called community use computer access as a way to create an
us/them structure, with freedom scientific and the freedom box people,
<and i still think they have tines> being some of the worse offenders.
Karen