Slackware sendmail and authentication

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Thu Jul 14 15:15:30 EDT 2005

If anyone has some quick advice, I would appreciate it. I am helping a
friend who uses Slackware with sendmail convert from an ISP who does not
require authentication for outgoing mail to using verizon.net, which
does require authentication. Aside from abandoning sendmail, what else
should I do?

I solved this problem for myself once and had to install cyrus-sasl and
recompile sendmail with an option to use that library. Is that still the
path to follow? The user is only interested in using sendmail to ship
outgoing to a smart host at verizon.net.

Any tips or shortcuts will be appreciated.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (52% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh