Having trouble to print out password line

Laura Eaves leaves1 at carolina.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 04:54:56 EST 2005

Hi Ned --
Did you try to remove the |lpr at the end of the line?
Just look at the output of the grep command.
The vertical bar followed by lpr only "pipes" the output of the grep command
to the printer.
As for the manual to read, pick a command or even a library function name
(in C anyway -- perhaps also C++) and type

man NameOfCommandOrFunction

As for typing "man command", did you think to try simply typing "man" and
seeing what it prints? -- actually, does this print just the usage message,
or a list of commands available? If the latter, the output would be quite
large, as the "man" command looks in multiple places for documentation.

Good luck.
--le