/etc/apt/sources.list

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Jan 19 20:32:17 EST 2005

Gllenn and anyone else, this may help.  Probably the reason you can't get
proftp with apt-get is it's not in the type of distribution apt-get is now
pointed at.  You may want to run dselect and choose 0 as your first choice
and override your original sources.list file.  The dselect program will
then help you make a new sources.list.  What I have in mine is all three
of the types stable; testing, and unstable.  On each of those types
already described, I have main; contrib, and non-free.  So that makes 9
entries in my sources.list file and I added the lines in README.non-US for
the sources.list and I'll have to find the lines for security.debian.org
to add to it too.  Once you get that set up, exit out of dselect with
choice 6, and try apt-get again.  Two other packages to get but only after
you've done that are bastille and psad.  Once those get installed, just
run InteractiveBastille and bastille will not only set itself up, it will
also set up psad for you too.  Interface inside of Bastille now is dodgey
but likely to improve.