lynx question

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Wed Jan 19 02:06:32 EST 2005

I'll chime in here since I've been trying to get my vsftpd.conf file to
Glenn. I confronted the same problem he's confronting now, and my file
works. (By way of acknowledgement, the file is mostly Janina's work, but I
uncovered the particular line that will enable others to see his site since
Glenn, like me, is behind a router / firewall.)

In addition to putting up my vsftpd.conf file on my ftp server and directing
Glenn to it, I did also send it to him as an email attachment. (Glenn has a
windows XP box as well; don't know if he's using a linux-based email client,
or, if so, which one.) I'm thinking that Glenn could download my vsftpd.conf
file to a floppy, and then copy it over to the /etc directory to replace
what he's got now; the old "sneaker net", but I myself have now forgotten
how to do this, so if anyone would care to edify us both?

TIA!

John McCann