x and gnopernicus

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Fri Jan 14 07:12:15 EST 2005

Hi.  Did you try using alt-f2 to open the run dialog?  Is the sighted
user helping you a Gnome user?  I have to ask because there isn't an
icon label applications on my Debian systems.  To access the
applications menu, you click on the Gnome foot icon.  That icon is
usually on a pannel instead of your desktop.
I still do admin tasks from the text console instead of a Gnome session.
I could probably do some things in Gnome, but speakup is better access
and faster.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny