x and gnopernicus

Eric Kosten erick at ekosten.dynip.com
Mon Jan 3 11:07:19 EST 2005

Dear list members:
It was suggested to me that I consult with Kenny Hitt on this.
    Kenny, or anyone else, I some how messed up the root desktop so that
according to a sighted friend, three icons appear roots home, computer, and
recycled.  He does not see the application menu to select run program and
thus gnopernicus. We also had to enable assistive technology items here.  I
should add that it worked the first time, when we logged out we said "save
setting equaled choice of yes".
    Now, I created another user, logged in, enabled assistive technology,
and ran gnopernicus.  Now, the admin tools freezes things for quite awhile
but I can't tell if they come up.  by admin, if memery serves me, server
tools like http, task manager etc.
Need help fixing root account, and this seemingly problem/not a problem
thing.
thanks
Eric (someone who reads a lot on linux and is still trying to figure it out)
p.s. speakup is running during this time providing terminal e.g. consul
speech.