Kernel Compilation Successful!

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Jan 10 13:32:30 EST 2005

In the directory where you saved your kernel source, there is a script called
speakupconf.  Make it executable and put it where scripts are supposed to go
like /usr/local/bin.  Whereever, anyways change your speech values to your
liking then type speakupconf save.  If you mess something up, and want to reset
to your defaults, type spekupconf load.  For the question about the pc speaker,
that is a option you have to compile into or load into your running kernel.
Someone else with 2.6 will correct me but it's called pcspkr I believe.  There
used to be a good speakup howto up, but to whoever wrote it, your website is dow
or the page has moved.