Kernel Compilation

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Sun Jan 9 14:06:04 EST 2005

Hi:
You only do:
# make mrproper
after you have already compiled the kernel once.  This command just
cleans all of the files generated when you last built your kernel.  So,
yes, the command will output an error if the kernel source tree is
already clean.  Remember to backup your .config file before doing the
mrproper thing, or you will lose your entire configuration.

David Bruzos