question about partitioning

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Sat Jan 8 11:05:32 EST 2005

	Hello folks,

  I am wanting to install a Linux partition onto my new laptop hard drive, as my old one recently bit the dust. I am trying to duel boot Fedora Core 3 along side Windows 2000 which is on a 40 GB NTFS partition. I have tried using tools such as Partition Magic to resize the main partition to make room for Linux, but for some reason when I reboot the system the changes don't take. I recall reading about NTFS, which is a Linux tool designed to safely resize NTFS partitions when preparing to install a secondary operating system. I was wondering if any of the Linux tools such as NTFSresize have been speech-enabled or come on a rescue disk which contains Speakup or other screen reading system. I'd really like to get a working Linux install on this machine if at all possible. Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Steve

Stephen Clower
Email/.Net Messenger: steve at steve-audio.net