lynx temporary files

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 8 10:11:24 EST 2005

Hi, Adam:

Well, /tmp is 1776, which is the Fedora default, at least. Also, the
lynx I'm using is the default provided by Fedora, 2.8.5dev.16, which I
believe is unchanged from Fedora 2. I don't rightly remember when I
started seeing this, but I was surprised, because I, too, am accustomed
only to see these files in /tmp.

Needless to say, though, that I have mangled the configuration in order
to make lynx more blind friendly. I have a .lynxrc and I have also made
system-wide changes using the new /etc/lynx-site.cfg mechanism. Looking
through both of these, I find nothing about where to write these files.
The closest I see is to put cache files into RAM, which I have turned
on. And, of course, these are cache, so what does that mean?