speakup and serial hubs?

Justin Ekis jekis at fastmail.us
Thu Jan 6 16:44:01 EST 2005

Hi all,

When I had this computer built, they only put in one serial port, which
is used by my doubletalk LT for speakup.
My braille lite m20 is finally fully supported by brltty so when the new
version gets into Debian I'd like to use it. Also the proprietary driver
for my winmodem still hasn't been updated for Linux 2.6 so I'd like to
buy a real modem.

I guess the term for what I have in mind would be a serial hub.
Something where you could plug into a serial port and plug three or four
devices into it. Is there such a thing and would Linux and speakup work
with it? Would I be able to use all three at once?

Justin Ekis