newbie question...

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jan 5 19:03:55 EST 2005

Hi, Laura:

The installation HOWTO for the Speakup Modified Fedora Distribution is
at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

However, you will not be able to install with software speech. And, if
you really want to admin your systems, I would highly advise you get a
hardware speech synth. The reason is that it will work even when your
system isn't working properly. Software speech, on the other hand,
requires your system to boot, and all your sound configurations to be
correct.

I would look for a used synth on Ebay, or buy one of the currently
available synths from Access Solutions. But, I would get a hardware
synth. Am I repeating myself yet? <grin> Sorry about that.