frustrated

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Jan 3 09:32:34 EST 2005

Hi.  It isn't hard.  Debian has a good reference manual that covers
questions from newby to developers.
apt-get install debian-reference-en

It's long, so you will need to spend time reading it.
If you don't want to install it, you can read it on line at the Debian
web site.  Also, when you install a Debian package, you usually get
documentation and notes for the package in /usr/share/doc/package_name.

Once you install the alsa-base package, your system should stop loading
the OSS drivers.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny