Stuck in TAR

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 2 22:19:45 EST 2005

Read the "man tar" and message Janina sent me with examples.  Did,
"tar //media/cdrom/*.*"
Was informed that it couldn't find the "tar" file in first file, furthermore, that the file was using "obsolescent base-64 headers" which I always thought had to do
with mime encoding, and subsequently told me it couldn't find the "tar" files ineach of the other files.  Thing is, these same files yielded their contents as "html"
files using "rar" on my Windows machine, but I'd really rather them be in "/usr/lib" where alot of ".doc" files seem to live in sub-directories having used the
"locate" command as learned from other postings, to see where document files lived on the system...  Figured if "tar could extract, the files would be plopped in
"/usr/lib" where I was sitting when I ran the command.

Nick (the rather stuck rabbit)