"mplayer"

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 1 19:50:03 EST 2005

I must've unintentionally done something terrible to "mplayer".  It was playing the "rms" speaches, and I could access "wuwf".  Now, although I hear hard drive
access, and the numbers for the "rms" speeches change, I get no audio.  The amplifier is OK, as is the cable, as I tested it with other devices...  (grin)

I read the "mplayer" manual.  Mostly it talked about all of the formats it could access, but I'll be darned if I heard anything about mute control, or a volume
control.  (grin)  So, how do I access something with commands so I can crank up the volume and make sure the sound card isn't muted?

Nick (the embarrassed)