hi Glenn

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 1 01:55:22 EST 2005

Also, don't get discouraged, you just may need to find some blind folks running Debian, rather than Fedora, which seems to be the orientation of many on this
listserv.  You're at the bottom of a very steep learning curve, and many of the people who were early adopters of this sort of Operating System are/were
computer professionals, and what we find hard, they've taken as second nature.  Also, there's a quite understandable ethos here just as it used to be, and
probably still is in Amateur Radio, and many other fields of endeavor: we learned it the hard way through application of study, and critical thinking, and so
should you!  That's what is commonly referred to as "tough love".  If you can't think your way out of a corner and are constantly going to be relying on others
before they've seen that you've systematically tried your best, and have applied some systematic rigor to determining a solution to your problem, people actually
doing things with this OS, probably aren't going to disrupt what they're doing to help you.  However, if people see you've given it a sincere effort, I've found they
usually pitch in.  Also, this being the climax of the Holiday Season, you'vepicked a helluva hard time to get people out of family activities and finishing of what is
for many of us, the end of a well deserved break from work.  So, if you can't cope with and rationalize such realities, perhaps Linux isn't the OS you're ready for
right now.

W. Nick Dotson