How do I get speakup and brltty to live happily on the same system with hardware synthesis

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Feb 16 13:39:50 EST 2005

You can certainly let speakup load and in your init scripts test if
the synthesizer is none because it was not found and then do something
if this is true -- is this about what you want?  I do something like
this on my laptop where I may or may not have a serial synth -- if I
don't I run software speech using speakup.

on Wednesday 02/16/2005 Sean McMahon(smcmahon at usgs.gov) wrote