amd athelon install

randy turner rturner2 at texasisp.com
Tue Feb 15 14:27:27 EST 2005

hi jude,
i myself had had trouble with the ltlk driver,
i have a very old lite talk so that might be the reason,
you might try the latest speakup.s
from the slackware-current directory
the slackware 10.0 speakup.s did not work for me
so i updated to slackware 10.1 speakup.s
kernel 2.4.29 and that kernel works fine
for the most part,
there seems to be a delay with the ltlk driver initing
my lite talk synth, but it is a very old synth
so that might be the reason.
hope this helps.
randy