amd athelon install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Feb 15 01:53:55 EST 2005

This athelon machine runs at a speed of 1.5 gigs and won't successfully
install any form of linux I've tried on it at all.  I think the machine is
probably broken.  fedora core 3 fails just afterr I tell it to skip the
media test speech goes away and use of key that alternately kills then
revives speakup fails although the problem may be the keyboard that has
something like 12 small buttons above all of the keys.  I'll try changing
a more oorthodox keyboard out and see if that gets me any further.  The
machine is a Gateway too with the big metal g on its top.  Slackware 10.0
and sarge debian have also failed though the 2004 sarrge debian gets
furtheer than the 2005 version for some reason.  All I hear is the double
talk message then everything goes silent on 2005 but oon 2004 I got down
to partition disks before it died.  Hopefully I'll learn more this
Wednesday when I can get a tech check the machine out.  Almost forgot is
there anything special I can put on the boot line other than text
speakup_synth=ltlk?